TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thenatan Terms and Conditions
Important information: These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
About the terms and conditions
We have tried to make these terms and conditions as clear as possible. We appreciate there is a lot of information contained here, so we have highlighted some important information and grouped relevant sections. These terms and conditions were last updated July – 2018.
Thenatan User License agreement
By purchasing or downloading our sounds, samples, loops, presets, VSTs, & sampler instruments from Thenatan or authorized company selling Thenatan products you agree and accept this license agreement. Please make sure you read the terms & conditions of this license agreement carefully so you understand how you can & cannot use our products. Thenatan products retain ownership of our products, what you’re purchasing is a licensing, meaning you have the right to use the products, but you do not own them.
Unlawful copying, duplicating, lending, renting, broadcasting, re-selling, uploading or downloading our products to any database, server, blogs, file-sharing services or similar is strictly prohibited. This non-exclusive license is granted to the original purchaser (a single-user) only and on a worldwide basis for the full copyright protection period. The single-user license is non-transferable. Any infringement of this license will be pursued to the fullest extent of international law.
The use of Thenatan sounds, samples, loops, presets, VSTs & sampler libraries may not be used both individually and in combination with other sounds to create alternative sample packs.
The purchaser may use products purchased from Thenatan or any authorized company selling Thenatan products in original compositions. Sample clearance is needed if your compositions (using our loop packs) are pitched to or used for: TV & radio adverts & jingles, soundtracks for film, theatre, musicals, apps, and live performances and major placements. Neither the producer nor Thenatan can be held responsible for any direct or indirect consequential loss arising from the use of our products in whatever form.
What does this mean?
It means you can’t resell our products or upload them to any sites. You do not own the copyright to the sounds, samples, loops, plugins, presets or any of our products (which is retained by Thenatan), but have purchased a single-user (i.e. one person) license to use the sounds in your original compositions (your songs). You can’t distribute the sounds in whole or in parts or make your own sample pack from them or give them to anyone.
All Thenatan samples are 100% royalty-free, unless it’s being used for/pitched to TV & radio adverts & jingles, soundtracks for film, theatre, musicals, apps, and live performances and major placements. That means you don’t have to clear the samples for beat leasing, mixtapes, SoundCloud etc. but you must clear the samples for any major placements.
For any questions about this license agreement please contact us.
Important information: The satisfaction of our customers is paramount and we will do our best to help resolve issues relating to products purchased through our website. However, due to the nature of digital downloads, there are limitations regarding refunds. Please read carefully.
Thenatan will only refund your full purchase price if your bank / paypal account was illegally charged.
In the event of your product being lost, we will consider replacing your purchase via download links. We will only replace your purchase upon receipt of the customer’s original purchase receipt. Replacements are limited to 2 times. This Guarantee only applies to sounds, audio sample packs, loop packs, drum kits, & synth preset banks.
By purchasing from Thenatan, you must read and agree to this refund policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this refund policy.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed, the browser name, the type of computer used, internet service providers and other similar information in regards to traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for an account or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. We do not share this information with anyone. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- To personalize user experience
- To improve our site
- To process payments
- To send periodic emails
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or products.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the United States for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to a buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
All orders through our website are handled by third-party payment processor Paypal. We only see the information you provide us with i.e. your email address, first name, last name and billing address as well as any information provided to us by the payment processor. We only use this information to complete your order and communicate with you.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Your Rights Under GDPR ( EU Visitors )
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the owner.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, users may inquire with the owner to find out which rights apply to them.
In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to the processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by the owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the owner will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the owner.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the user’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details About the Right to Object to Processing:
Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the owner, users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the owner is processing personal data for direct marketing purposes, users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to Exercise These Rights:
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Applicability of Broader Protection Standards:
While most provisions of this document concern all users, some provisions expressly only apply if the processing of personal data is subject to broader protection standards.
Such broader protection standards apply when the processing:
- is performed by an owner based within the EU;
- concerns the personal data of users who are in the EU and is related to the offering of paid or unpaid goods or services, to such Users;
- concerns the personal data of users who are in the EU and allows the owner to monitor such users’ behavior taking place in the EU.
When purchasing or downloading our products, you may give us consent to add you to our newsletter by checking the opt-in box. We do not add anyone to our newsletter without their consent. We only send business/production tips, discounts, promotional emails, and website updates. We do not use our newsletter for anything else. We do not share your information with anyone. You can unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of our emails.
Third Party Links
Goods remain the property of Thenatan until they are fully paid for.
All Thenatan products are bound by the terms of the Thenatan User License Agreement. A copy of this agreement is supplied within the zip file of all products purchased, including without limitation free downloads and demos. A copy is also available on our terms and conditions page.
We are not held accountable for any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses from using our products.
Thenatan may at any time change or alter the price of its products. Thenatan does not offer refunds in the event of a price drop (change in price), promotional offer or any other discount. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time.
This website is provided as is without any warranties, express or implied. Thenatan makes no warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Thenatan may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
If you violate/breach these terms and conditions in any way, Thenatan may take such action as Thenatan deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the United States.
By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website. Contact us if you have any questions.